In this position you will be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. As the Electrical Maintenance Technician Electrician, you will be responsible for all maintenance responsibilities within the facility including but not limited to Machine Shop, Plating Department, Test Lab and all other areas on the day shift.
- To maintain and support all facility and production equipment.
- This position requires basic knowledge of CNC controls / drives and electrical/electronic troubleshooting including troubleshooting and repairs of production machines, CNC and Conventional.
- This would also include completing the following troubleshooting and/or repairs on CNC machine tools: Automatic tool changers, Work/ Pallet Changers, Axis support/motor replacement and main spindle support/motor replacement etc.
- Troubleshoot/repair/maintain Process Plating, Painting and Grinding Equipment
- Troubleshoot/repair/maintain Plant wide electrical distribution systems
- Troubleshoot/repair/maintain Facility and Machine lighting
- Key Liaison for all electrical contracted installations for Facilities and Maintenance
- Perform electrical PM’s on all Production equipment as per PM program
- Consistent and effective training and mentorship of Apprentices as per OCOT
- Participate in 5S, TPM workshops, ACE initiatives and Lean Daily Management
- Facilitate ESA CSS Program and work closely with EH&S Department
- Completing SAP work orders, notifications, keeping accurate notes and files on the equipment and also ordering the necessary parts as required.
- Coordinating and scheduling repairs with Shop load and/or contractors.
- The applicant must be a licensed electrician, experienced in 600 VAC and machine controls.
- Overtime and On Call is mandatory when required .
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q )from an accredited college/trade program (Ontario 309A, 309D or 442) is a must.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment; previous experience with CNC controls / drives and is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpretation of schematics, both North American and European, and have a full understanding of Feedback devices,
- Measuring systems (Heidenhain, Inductosyn etc.), Relay logic, Electronics, PLC, and Motor controls both VSD’s and conventional.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and the willingness to work overtime when required.
- Experience in Vibration analysis and/or Laser operations, Machine alignments, and general Machine tool maintenance.
- Ability to work independently in the field.
- Strong understanding of Machine diagnostics.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
***Only qualified candidates who meet all of the requirements will be contacted for interview. Thank you and good luck with your search.